The Bombay Tunic - Hand Painted Batik Tulis
NAMU Lux is very proud to work with Artisans across Indonesia and this season traveled to Java to work with small artisanal communities.
Lush terraced rice fields led us the way to Mas Saiful and his family in the hills, where the quietude of nature embraced us.
Indigo plantation inspired us to create our first capsule Batik tulis collection in hand dyed natural indigo. A delicate pattern remeshing of the Padma flowers is hand painted on NAMU Lux signature pieces embodying the meaning of this flower: beauty and grace.
We named this collection Dondeng – Indonesian for fairytale - it encompasses our journey from Bali to Java, our dream to connect with local artisans , to create together a collection inspired by Indonesian crafts: Batik Tulis, Loom Weaving, Natural Indigo Hand Dying and Hand Embroidery.
Support Slow Fashion, Wear Handmade: By choosing Handmade, you are supporting communities of artisans and their age old techniques handed over through generations.
Be a true Fashion Hero…pre-order your clothes: We produce in small quantities to respect the time each artisan dedicate to each piece. We encourage our customers to pre-order their NAMU garment to help artisans to dedicate time to their passion and dye, print and stitch your clothes with time and love.
All together we will help to reduce deadstock which means more time for our artisans to spend with their families and friends.
Once you’ve placed your order, it’s customized just for you and on its way to your home within 10-14 days!
Hand stitched in cotton.
SIZE & FIT:
Small & Medium
Small fits a 8/10UK, 38/40 Italian
- All orders are shipped using EMS postal service.
- Order tracking will be provided.
- Up to 4 - 7 Business days delivery for Asia & Worldwide .
- We accept a 5 days return policy for Indonesian orders. Please see our return policy page for more info.
- We do not accept any returns, exchanges or replacements for international orders due to Custom Laws.
- We also accept payment via bank transfer.
- Chat with our customer service +62 819-9919-0810 (via WhatsApp)